How to start Laravel as a fresh
Are you new at Laravel? Do you have the same question that, how to start Laravel? I strongly believe that it’s normal to everyone, you, me, and other devs those are good at laravel.
So, I have few recommendations for newcomers at laravel. Today, I am sharing with you guys.
A guidebook cannot be an alternative of Main Book. From that principle, I strongly recommend to check laravel documentations.
- Read Laravel Documentation every single day. My suggestion is, read, understand and practice the documentation as much as you can.
- It’s a bit confusing for a newcomer, right? Well, go to this series that is completely free. Special thanks to Jeffrey Way. https://laracasts.com/series/laravel-from-scratch-2017
- Come back to point 1 again, read, read and read the documentation.
- Spend some times to read other’s code. This is really important to understand the code.
- Now, join in different types laravel communities (Laracasts , Stackoverflow, Laravel Forum, etc.) and try to solve other’s problem. It will boost up your skills.
Since Laravel follows the MVC pattern on OOP, it’s highly recommended to have a clear understanding of Object Oriented PHP. This portion particularly for them those doesn’t have the clear concept on OOP.
Again Jeffrey did some incredible job for PHP. I can recommend you to watch and practice that.
Now, finally, I always love to read books. I strongly believe, reading is one of the best way to make clear of any concept. So, there are few recommendations I grab from laracasts.
Any suggestion, opinion, feel free to knowck me.